Friday, July 17, 2009

We are leaving for China in a few hours and we are so excited! I couldn't believe it, but I actually slept well last night! I hadn't slept well the night before because my sister-in-law was delivering my first nephew, and I was too excited. My parents are getting 2 new grand-kids within a week of each other! We know that God has ordained this adoption, so "big picture" I'm not nervous. But there are some little things that have me just a little bit anxious. Please pray for safe and event-free travel, that all the paper work would be as China expects it, and that little Kate would be prepared and ready for the transition. We know that it will be hard on her, but we do believe her orphanage has been explaining to her that we are coming. I hope she likes us and isn't scared of her new 6'4" Daddy!

8 comments:

  1. This is so great! We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOO happy for you guys!!! This is so exciting! I always knew that you were just "made to be a mama" and Kate and Sam are both so extremely lucky to have you!!! Much love!
    Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is beautiful! Wishing your family the best! I'll always remember the Halloween pic of Sam, the Pilsbury boy & Ian, the frog! Have a safe, successful journey. Thinking of you, Lisa (Sarah's mom!);-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tearing up just reading about your trip and the thoughts of you "seeing" Kate for the first time. by now, you're on the plane and in the air (i hope). we are praying everything will go smoothly and the transition will be a simple one for Kate. can't wait to see Kate & Sam together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To all! I usually check & make sure my spelling is correct, but this time, well, I didn't! But after going back & looking @ that sweet PILLSBURY! Doughboy & that little frog, I had to post a correct spelling! Best wishes, Sarah's mom;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, I just checked your blog for the first time, and I am looking forward to reading your updates. We will be thinking of you! Blessings and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it is 11:00 am on Monday here so I think you are in Guangzhou with little Kate in your arms. We are praying that everything is going perfectly and I am filled with emotion at the thought of your new and complete family.
    And, we need an update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, we've been patient...but enough is enough! Could we have an update, please???!!!
    Praying you all are well!

    ReplyDelete